Sunday, May 31, 2009

The *Truth* Comes Out

There has been a rumor out there for some time that I broke my ankle stepping on a toy. In my living room. Holding a spinach salad. Now come on. Does anyone really believe that? That I could break my ankle in two places and damage ligaments by just rolling it off a toy in my own living room???


Well, I've decided that it's time for the *truth* to come out! (smile)


I was ACTUALLY visiting my friend, Joni, in Liberia. If you don't know where that is it's on the West side of Africa. She's a missionary/photographer there. It's a crazy place to live, but she's doing great things for the Lord there, AND she does get to live on the ocean...which helps!


So I decided a couple of weeks ago to go visit her. And while I was there we went surfing. I bet you didn't know I could surf, did you? Well, those visits with my physical trainer have really been paying off...

Here I am...at this point it was going really well, and I was quite proud of myself...



But then THIS wave came along. And it was just too much for me. Maybe if I had been paying attention and not looking at the camera...Before I knew it I was under, being dragged along the ocean floor...sand in my suit...and then, the current crashed my ankle onto a rock...oh man. Did that ever hurt. I'm so glad I wasn't killed!

I gotta tell you, the flight home was horrible. Oof.

There, now. The *truth* is out. It makes much more sense than that "rumor" about me stepping on a toy. Ridiculous.

If you'd like to see Joni surfing (her pictures remarkably look a lot like mine) you can visit her website HERE.

(thanks, Joni!)

6 comments:

Anne said...

LOL!!! I can see that being in bed all day has either made you very creative or delusional. Either way, I like it. :-)

one happy family said...

you are hilarious! and I love it.

Jinglebritches said...

Don't you just hate it when you get sand in places that sand should't be??! :0}

Hope you are doing better. I've been SICK up here. I will E-mail you later and fill you in.

Love the new blog look!!

Jennifer said...

Ha, ha! Love it!

Love the new look too. The pics of the kids are great.

Anne said...

p.s. I can tell you've been working out! You look great in your swimsuit and I'm completely impressed at how far you can turn your head! :-)

janelle said...

Funny - but anyone who knows Carey didn't really question whether or not you tossed a spinach salad while breaking your ankle by stepping on a toy...

Love the new site - very appealing to my eyes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews