
I almost didn't post tonight.
Why...cuz I'm still a tad bit crabby about it. Some better. But still a tad bit cranky.
Why?
SIX MORE WEEKS OF NO WEIGHT BEARING!!! That's why.
Translation: 6 more weeks of crutches and no walking. At all. Nada. Zilch.
I didn't see that one coming.
Apparently, I'm told, this is the worst case scenario--which they didn't bother to mention to me earlier when I was told 6 to 8 weeks. Cuz 6 to 8 weeks kinda implies that 8 weeks is the worst case scenario. I guess it's probably good that they didn't, or I would have been depressed and overwhelmed at the idea of 12 weeks on crutches. Now I'm just bummed about 6 more.
Why? Well, they couldn't give me a real good reason. Basically, it's still broken. It's just beginning to heal. A shrug of the shoulders and the comment that that's just the way I am. I told you I was an original. For one, it's just the way my body's dealing with a broken bone. And...if/when a bone isn't only broken but separated, even one millimeter apart, that can delay healing. And mine was. Yippee.
Ok, ok. I'll try to be a little positive. Improvements:
Why...cuz I'm still a tad bit crabby about it. Some better. But still a tad bit cranky.
Why?
SIX MORE WEEKS OF NO WEIGHT BEARING!!! That's why.
Translation: 6 more weeks of crutches and no walking. At all. Nada. Zilch.
I didn't see that one coming.
Apparently, I'm told, this is the worst case scenario--which they didn't bother to mention to me earlier when I was told 6 to 8 weeks. Cuz 6 to 8 weeks kinda implies that 8 weeks is the worst case scenario. I guess it's probably good that they didn't, or I would have been depressed and overwhelmed at the idea of 12 weeks on crutches. Now I'm just bummed about 6 more.
Why? Well, they couldn't give me a real good reason. Basically, it's still broken. It's just beginning to heal. A shrug of the shoulders and the comment that that's just the way I am. I told you I was an original. For one, it's just the way my body's dealing with a broken bone. And...if/when a bone isn't only broken but separated, even one millimeter apart, that can delay healing. And mine was. Yippee.
Ok, ok. I'll try to be a little positive. Improvements:
- The cast is off.
- I did get a different boot which I believe is going to be much better than the first one.
- I can leave it off at night as long as the munchkins don't jump in bed with me unexpectedly (they usually jump more towards my head, so I'm not expecting a problem!).
- My nerve pain is already getting better because I can have it off.
- Although I'll still need help getting in an out of the shower (not a grand plan to hop in and out of such a slippery place), at least I don't need a garbage bag on my leg.
- I SHAVED! (that alone should make up for 6 more weeks of crutches. Ok, maybe not. But seriously, it felt wonderful, along with washing it and scrubbing it a tiny bit. Almost gave myself a foot massage. Almost.)
Gotta say, after they took off the cast my leg/foot looked like it belonged to someone else. All redish, scaly and shriveled up. The shriveled up part surprised me. Ooh la la. Let me tell you I looked really good going across the clinic for xrays. Lovely, it was. Especially with the long black hairs that practically drug on the ground. ha!
Ok, so I'm getting my sense of humor back a little bit. Or as Gabe would say, "tittle bit" (so cute). Maybe by tomorrow I can make that blessings list. After I set up physical therapy for 3 times a week. That starts, too. Maybe that can be Mom's time out.
Well, gotta go. I'm going to go take some CALCIUM. Grow bone, GROW.

1 comment:
Prayin for you, girl! What a bummer! May the next 6 weeks fly by!
Post a Comment