Sunday, August 9, 2009

Exciting News!


We're moving!!

Sorry I haven't been posting as regularly, but along with all the usual, including hobbling along...we're moving!

So I've been busy busy. Thankfully not stressed, but busy. Thankfully, even tho I'm up and around, because of the move, we still have Kaitlin! She's helped organize and clean for house showings, and now is helping me pack. I'm a bit slow, and have to sit fairly often (walking is hard work, who knew?), but it's going well.

Ok, but you're probably wondering how did this all happen?!?

I'm not sure.

Ok, I do know. But it all happened very quickly.

Sometime the beginning of July, Brandy and I started talking about it. Things change when you have seven kids. We've always loved living in the country. We've pretty much lived in the country our entire lives, aside from college. But it isn't exactly convenient. And it takes a lot of time.

Brandy farms, but we don't live "on the farm." We live on an acreage near the farm. So, it doesn't affect Brandy's job. Except that he'll be on the road instead of 8 of us on the road.

We had our acreage up for sale 4 years ago. We had it on the market for 6 months with barely a nibble. It's a beautiful place, but the location isn't convenient for a lot of people.

I had it in my mind, that if we did move "to town," it would have to be before school started. You see, the kids will be changing schools. Svanna has gone through so many changes in her life, I didn't want her to have to go through that change.

So we prayed. Lord, if it's Your will that we move, please let our acreage sell in the next 6 weeks.

It was on the market for 2 weeks...and it sold.

The day before we got an offer on our house, we put an offer on a house in town.

We love it! It's got more space, a sun room (for me!), an office (Brandy's Man-Cave!), quite a few trees, a big backyard, and the bike trail goes through our back yard.

There are many things we'll miss about the country. Maybe I'll reminisce about that later, after we move.

But there are many things we're going to love about town living.

Shopping 5 minutes away. Bike riding on cement. Running one child to a church or school event, or extra-curricular like dance or gymnastics, and going back home to wait for them to be done (i.e. more time at home). Only having a lawn to take care of, not 4 acres. Having our kids have friends over to our house more often.

We're excited!

We're sad that the kids have to change schools. It will be wonderful to have school in the same town and their new school is a wonderful school. But so was their old one. We loved their school. And so many friends will be missed. We're only moving 15 miles away, so they can still see them, but it won't be the same.

But we're excited!

6 comments:

one happy family said...

I am excited for you, sounds like it will be a great thing for you guys :)

Steph said...

Congrats, it sounds great and like God has a hand in all of it!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Very excited for you guys! Congratulations.

Amy said...

Exciting news!! Congrats!!

Jinglebritches said...

Boy, look what happens when I don't have internet for a month!!!!

How exciting!!

How are you and your ankle doing??

Love you to pieces!

Karen said...

That's wonderful! The new place sounds great!Sounds like God certainly answered your prayers quickly! Hope that everyone adjusts well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews