Always wanted to post one of the things Gabe has taught me.
You can love somebody without them loving you back. And that's ok.
You can say "I love you" to someone and truly truly mean it, without expecting an I love you back.
Still...I wondered when it would come. Would it take a year before Gabe would tell me he loved me?
Nope.
Two days short of 5 months!!
Tonight at bedtime, at his last hug of the night, I told him once again that I loved him.
And he returned with an "I love you" of his own.
Woot! Doesn't that bring tears to your eyes? God is good!

4 comments:
God IS good, all the time.
So happy for you. Those words from Gabe priceless.
Tendinitis is NO FUN!!! I had it twice in the same achillies tendon. Painful and frustrating!!
I,m feelin' ya sister!!
i am crying for you! happy tears
hey there...found ya! Gabe is absolutely gorgeous...I hope he and Jeremiah can become friends. Maybe we can do a play date sometime? -Niki
So sweet!! Music to a mommy's ears!
Post a Comment