I had my 4 month doctor appointment today. Took Jaden and Summer along with me. Now that Kaitlin's at college it's not always so easy to find someone during the day, and I usually have physical therapy twice a week. I thought, this I can take them to. They did awesome even though we were at the clinic for almost and hour and a half! And of course, that included a 10 minute x-ray appointment and 10 minutes with the doctor. Lots of waiting. But it went well.
So everything is looking good (yeah!), and I knew we'd be talking about my next surgery to take the long screws out. These screws are holding my tibial and fibula together, and to get regular range of motion, they need to be out (before they break on their own). The plate and 5 small screws will probably remain permanently. Figured on that.
Did NOT figure, however, that the surgeon--who seems like a great guy, values my opinion and knows what he's doing, aka: I like him--says, "how about tomorrow?" Yikes! The screws look to still be intact, and it's much harder to remove them if they are broken. So lets just do it now. Al-righty then!
I have to admit, I was being kinda a baby about it all day. Had to wrap my mind around it. The last 5 days have been the best non-pain walking days I've had since it broke in May. With help from Kristina, my PT, my tendinitis has been better. The thought of them opening me up again is a bit disconcerting.
But, I've got my "big girl panties" on now, and I'm ok with it. Praying it will be minor. Also praying I can go through it with just a local (and I'm hoping for something that will at least make me loopy and happy!) because when I was completely under before, I didn't have the best time coming out of it and it added a couple days to my recovery. Want to miss that. But... I'm quite squeamish about those kinda things. Ewwwww. Cutting. Blood. Drills. Stitching. Ugh. So prayers that I continue to be a big girl are much appreciated!
Thanks to all the people watching and hauling around my kids tomorrow!! Thanks, too, everyone for your prayers. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:
love you Carey :) You will be great.
Bekke
xoxo
Praying for you in the South!!
Love you
Post a Comment