Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Svanna Firsts

Svanna came to the States never having ridden a bicycle. It's quite hard to find a larger bike that can be fitted with training wheels. Even though we bought them separately, tried a couple different kinds, and jimmied them to make them work...they still didn't work correctly. Brandy welded them to get them to make them stronger, but still they bent up.

Now we live in town and have this BEAUTIFUL bike trail in our back yard! It's hard for Svanna to see her sisters go places on their bikes when she can't. So one day after work last week, Brandy took her into the back yard to give it a go without training wheels.

Once she actually tried without even thinking about using the training wheels...she caught on to balancing so fast!! Brandy just had to guide her along a bit, especially in the stopping department. *smile*




And she's off! Way to go, Svanna! Woo hoo!!
Today Svanna had her first ever kid birthday party! She had a blast. It was her new best friend, Marissa's, birthday. They had a ventriloquist in with a bunch of puppets. They made cool crafts like this tiara and a jean purse. Waaay fun!
She laughed and laughed as she told us that one of the puppets asked them, "Who wants a brownie?!" They all raised their hands, and they all got this...a "brown E"! I thought it was great that she really caught the joke too. She's come so far with her English!

4 comments:

one happy family said...

ok, can Brandy be any better of a Dad? I think no...
I would LOVE a brown E by the way :)

xoxoxoxo

Heather said...

I actually got tears in my eyes over the bike thing... but your sweet girl triumphed! Way to go, Svanna! :) I think the "firsts" of our older adoptees are awesome -- and almost always things we would take for granted if they'd come home as infants. Jett's first ice cream cone was hilarious and unforgettable! :)

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

This. Post. Rocks.

I love, love, love that picture of Brandy helping Svanna along.

And the brown E... Hilarious.

Anderson Crew said...

That is AWESOME!!! and WOW she caught the joke of the Brown E! I am IMPRESSED!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews