Friday, October 16, 2009

Preschool Co-op


Summer and I have the privilege of being in a Preschool co-op. It's 6 moms who've joined together to have preschool for their kiddos about once a week for two hours. Each Mom takes a turn having it at her house and being the "teacher." We follow an outline for things to do and tweak it to make it our own.

Today was my turn! I have to admit, for some reason I was a little nervous putting it all together, but it went very smoothly and was actually fun!

I had the letter "D." Oh my goodness, it just dawned on my that I forgot to have them do the "duck" craft! Shucks. Even after Shi spent all that time cutting out the pieces. Ah, well, more play time and it was still a good day. We played in centers (kitchen, blocks and cars). We talked about the letter, traced it with our fingers, showed the "d" items we brought with us, "walked" it on some tape on a mat, glued dots on the letter D, made "dirt" cupcakes, and read the book "We're Different, We're the Same! Along with singing, devotions and a snack...doughnuts and drinks.




1 comment:

Heather said...

Belle didn't miss the ducks at all -- she was all about the dirt! :) We'll miss Summer (and you) today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews