Sunday, December 6, 2009

Slumber Party

Friday night we had the first slumber party ever in our household, in honor of Sierra's birthday. She invited 4 friends from her old school, and 4 friends from her new. So...between Sierra and Svanna...you guessed it, I had 10 3rd grade girls in my house! Oh, and 5 other children of my own. And, I had hoped Brandy would have been done harvesting by then (December?!? Of course he'd be done), but no. So, until he came home at 10 pm, I was on my own. A 1:15 adult to child ratio.

But it went very well!! I didn't even lose my mind! And everyone had fun. I had very little brain cells left by Saturday afternoon, but that's ok, I think I've got them back now by Sunday eve.

They took over the basement, which includes the boys room. The boys room is open at this point, we're hoping to put in a wall sometime this winter. Tye and Gabe weren't all that impressed that a bunch of girls were taking over their room (they slept in Svanna and Sierra's room), but I assured them that the girls would stay out of their stuff.

I should have taken a picture about 9 pm...it wasn't quite as neat then and you could have seen what fun they had!
Sierra wanted a make your own bagel pizza bar for supper.

Yum! Yum!

Her friends bought her some really thoughtful gifts...

Cake time!

Gretchen makes a BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS cake!

Sierra and her doll blow out the candles in their matching jammies (a b-day gift).

I was amazed at how well behaved all the girls were. Crazy...yes, aren't all 9 year olds? But good. Even though we mixed it up a bit with girls that didn't know each other, all the girls got a long and had fun. Had a couple issues with a missing important item (which we found) and a headache, but other than that, it went well. They were all sleeping by about 11:30 pm...I thought that was doing great!

And boy, was I ever thankful for 3 floors. Whew!

The next morning, Jaden wakes up and says...

"Where all those girls?"

Too cute.

1 comment:

Anderson Crew said...

You are SO BRAVE! What fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews