Monday, February 1, 2010

Svanna's Birthday Parties

The slumber party was a success!! Ninety-nine percent of the time all the girls got along well (which is saying a lot for 9 year old girls), and seemed to have loads of fun. We didn't go anywhere or do anything out of the ordinary. Just a fun, home-bound slumber party.


As you can tell...I bought a little kit and we did some face painting. Loads of fun. I love the way kids think. They talked about how things didn't show up as well on darker skin. And gave advice on which colors would show up the best. This is a topic that adults would steer clear of, not sure of (and usually botching it up) how to say it "politically correct." But not kids. At least not yet at this age.


Svanna having a great time!In front of her birthday cake and candles! I wouldn't recommend getting a Culver's ice cream cake. Their made fresh daily ice cream taste's much better. This was basically a square of ice cream with oreos and fudge on top. If we want an ice cream cake again...I'll make my own!
Svanna enjoyed her candles and the Happy Birthday song!There were still girls up at 12:50 a.m., so I decided to stand guard, as it were, and help them stop giggling. Especially since some girls were sleeping, getting woke up and being crabby (insert Svanna's name here, that girl needs her sleep!). I got to bed about 2 a.m. But I think everyone was asleep by 1:30.

The next day I brought the girls home. It was a little trickier than I thought getting them all out the door! But it went well. I was later than I wanted to be for Shianne's 1st AAU volleyball tournament (they took 2nd and are going to state!!! She's so excited. Of course I didn't take my camera. Next weekend...) Brandy had brought her there at 8:30 am. We finally got done there about 3:30 pm.

Then it was time for a family birthday party at our house for Svanna!! We generally don't do those after 7 years old, but Svanna has some birthday party fun to catch up with.


Yeah!! American Girl doll clothes, and just the dress I wanted!! Our niece Kaitlin and her honey, Grant. We'll claim them both. *smile*

Svanna's beautiful cake! Gretchen makes the best cakes, and they are as delicious as they are beautiful. Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews