Wednesday, March 3, 2010

For Today...March 2, 2010

For more info and to read other posts, go to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...dreary and coldish. No sunshine today. But just barely warm enough for a tiny bit of snow to melt. Supposed to be in the 40s by the weekend. Woot!

I'm thinking...I shouldn't have eaten that last pancake.

I'm thankful for...my home. I think at times how this home seems to have been made just for us. What a blessing.

From the kitchen...A mess. Yes. A big mess. I just made apple pancakes for Summer and Jaden for lunch (freezing the leftovers for breakfast for the kiddos at a later date). Got sidetracked by the wash and then somehow managed to walk right past the mess to the computer. Hmmm...

I am wearing...my new favorite jeans, a tank top, and an off-white Tommy shirt I got at a thrift store. Oh, and tennies.

I am going...No where at the moment. I've been to Coffee Break. It was only my second time. I really enjoyed it. We're studying the book Judges in the Bible. Not the easiest book to study, but interesting and has a lot to teach. They have a kids program with toys, snacks, a Bible story and crafts, and Summer and Jaden really enjoyed it. They didn't know for sure if they wanted to stay, but by the time I came back, they didn't want to leave!

I am reading...I've recently finished reading the fiction book, "Deadline," by Randy Alcorn. Oh my word was this an awesome book. At one point I cried buckets, at other times I laughed and the whole time it kept me thinking. Wonderful.

I am hoping...and praying that countries that are open for international adoptions will stay open, and that those that are closed will once again open--and soon.

I am hearing...not enough. Summer and Jaden aren't down for a nap yet and they are being awfully quiet. Hmmmm...should probably check that out!

Around the house...laundry. Picking up. Wondering when I'm going to get back to the project of tearing down the floor to ceiling wallpaper in Summer and Jaden's room. About a 1/3 of it's removed. Buy hey, that's another post.

I am pondering...shedding light on evil and saving orphans from it. Sometimes doing the first hinders the last, because evil can run to the dark and take the kids with them. What's the solution?

One of my favorite things...the size of my dining room. It's really an extended part of our kitchen. Right now we have a bench at our table to accommodate all of us. But the dining room is roomy enough that someday we can seat a bunch of people in there. Kids, kid-in-laws, grandkids, perhaps? What a thought!

On my mind...our good friends that have just started the process of adopting from Ethiopia. To them--we're praying for you and so excited for you as well!! It's quite a journey, but one with huge rewards. Keep on keeping on through the process, God will walk beside you the whole way.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Actually, it's not too exciting. As in not jammed packed. Which is good. No volleyball this weekend. Maybe hubby and I will go on a date? *smile* The kids don't have school on Friday due to Parent-Teacher conferences this week (pause here to say, kids, we're so proud of you and how hard you're working at school!!!). Trying to decide whether we all need some time at home on Friday or if I should concoct something fun to do. Or which would be better for Mom's sanity! Sunday night at church the teams that went to Guatemala are going to recap their trips. Looking forward to hearing that.

Here's a picture(s) for fun I am sharing...

Brandy and Tye, Christmas '05

3 comments:

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Thank you for sharing your daybook. I hope the rest of the week treats you well.

Jinglebritches said...

Love love love that book! Dominion is also great! My fav though is Safely Home.

Carey said...

Ah yes...it's hard to beat Safely Home!! =) Looking forward to reading the next two in the series.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews