Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Volleyball

The last couple of months Shianne has been involved in a AAU Volleyball.  We were really blessed by it.  I'm not really "into" sports (whatever that supposed to mean), but I SO enjoyed watching her play.  Even though it will be nice to have our Saturdays back again--wait a minute, soccer starts in April, scratch that!--I'm going to miss watching her.

So this past weekend was State Volleyball.  They qualified for State in their first tournament by coming in 2nd place.  Unfortunately, they never qualified again after that, so we did assume they wouldn't do spectacular at State, since there were many good teams.  But throughout the season they continued to grow and learn, and that's more important than winning (I believe) when you're in the 5th grade.  They've got many more years to play!

Well...by the world's standards they did quite badly at the state tournament.  It's a little depressing leaving the hotel at 7:30 am and watching game after game until about 5:30 pm...when its mostly lose lose lose each match.

But, I was so proud of them!!!  The worked so hard (shoot, I was tired and horse just from cheering!) and they played well against some talented teams.  They played as a team.  Not always chatting out there...but never once did I see them get down on each other.  Way to go Super Spikers!!!

Oh, how I wish wish wish my camera was fixed.  Camera, I'll never badmouth  you again.  sigh...
.
Jaden with our friend (and great babysitter!), Maddie.  She was a big help...


...cuz it's not always easy keeping little ones entertained all day on the bleachers or chairs!

We took Svanna, Summer and Jaden along (well, of course Shianne, too).  Sierra had a big dance practice Friday night, so she stayed over at a friend's.  She was overjoyed and excited really ok with staying with her friend. Gabe had his first birthday party invite ever on Saturday, so he and Tye stayed with some other friends of ours.  Thanks so much, Scott and Amy, and Rich and Stacy!

Another shout out to the team's coaches, Matt and Teri.  I actually graduated from high school with them.  Man, we haven't really grown up, have we!?!  Seriously, what great coaches to have.  They truly cared about our girls, and taught them well.  Thanks so much.

1 comment:

Amy said...

How fun! and busy!! Shianne looks so much like you! I'm guessing you hear that all the time...=)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews