Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tweet This

I don't tweet.

Or twitter.

Just never have.

But this morning (or was it last night?) I decided I should live today purposefully.  On purpose.  Not just letting the day pass me by.

Not quite sure if I did that or not.  But it was a good day.  An average, but very good day.

So, I decided to do a photo journal of many of the parts my day.  In part because my camera is back (doin' a little dance), in part because I thought it would be fun, and in part to keep my mind on today.

I'll forewarn you, this is going to be a loooooooong post.  If you've just got a minute, quit now!  *smile*

I got up, got the kids out the door for the bus, and crawl back in bed.  For a few minutes.  Then I remembered I was going to live today "on purpose."  I crawled out.  But oh can't you tell it's still callin' my name??  (the towel under my pillow is to make it higher for my skinny neck...just in case you were wonderin')

Load the dishwasher
Look look look and look for my tripod for better pictures for today.  Steady hand I do not have.  Never found it.  Ah well.  I was going to take a picture of my storage room to show were I was lookin', but I don't know...subconsciously didn't want you to see it?? =)  Camera battery died.  Pulled out the spare (I have a spare?!?  Totally didn't remember that.  Brandy reminded me that ours wasn't holding a charge well so we bought a new one.  Ok, it's ringing a bell now) and charged the other one.

Put Dora on (or apparently a lady making pasta) so I'd know where the little ones were while I showered.
 
 Restarted the washer since I (ahem) let a load sour last night.  Hmmmm...

Folded the load of jeans.

I have to interject here that the restarted load was one of the 4 loads I did today.  Just cuz I didn't take any more interesting pictures of wet and dry laundry, didn't want you to think I didn't do more.  =)
Made my bed (this is interesting stuff, I know).  I don't know if I've shown my bedroom on the blog before?  But if you've followed my blog for a few years, you'll know that a little over a year ago a group of great people from our church gave our bedroom a makeover (we purchased this at our church auction).  Yep, then we moved.  Terrible, I know.  The lighting doesn't do it justice, but the bedding (and other things from the makeover, like the sign over our bed which I've photshopped out our last name) goes perfectly in our new bedroom.  Totally wonderful.

Then I finally made it to the shower.  Brandy was glad I wasn't in it when I took the picture.  Honey, I'm sure everyone is!  My thoughts in the shower?  Why did I start the washing machine BEFORE I showered.  Cold, hot, make up your mind already!

Then on to dishes.  Yes, supper dishes done in the morning.  That's the way it works around here.

Take note of the FIXED sink.  My friend, Stacy, works for a plumbing/heating business and got me hooked up.  Yay!!
Ah, finally a more interesting picture.  We pulled out the vacuum.  As you can see, I had some help.
Then I worked on some stubborn carpet stains.  This went on and off till about 3 pm.
 

Helped Summer and Jaden play on the computer a bit.  They're just getting into it.  So I got a lot of "Mom, Mom, Mom!" whilst I tried to get other things done.
 

About this time (really the pictures look like I'm not working hard, but somehow I am!) trying to live puposefully was resulting in some tense shoulders/upper back.  Which usually leads to a headache.  So I tried (succesfully, yay!) to head off a headache with one of these...


Then it dawned on me (duh) that living purposefully also means to stop and smell the roses.  Or, the trees.  I've been meaning to spend some time here lately before the wind took off all the flowers.
 
Ahhh.....my front bench.
From outside the house, I could still here 118 "moooooooms" coming from the computer.  So, we turned it off and they joined me.  Much better.  Then I had some fun with my camera.  As you can see, many of the petals have already fallen...
Ok, time to make lunch.  Easy peasy today.  Summer: ham sandwich and grapes.  Mom & Jaden: leftover takeout Chinese.  Yes, Jaden ate just about the whole plate.  No, we don't know where he puts it.
Time to get ready for dance.  Photo courtesy of Jaden.
Off to dance!  Summer and her awesome dance teacher, Ms Robin.
Then a trip to the lost and found box in search of Sierra's missing ballet shoes.
Then Jaden and I were off to a quick trip to...
Then back to pick up the ballerina.
Then home, clean up lunch dishes, and feed Kalli (our cocker spaniel) her meds.  They're chewables, but she won't eat them without something yummy.  Oh, and Shelby feels left out if we don't give her some (and yes, those are real plates.  No worries, our dishwasher sanitizes).
Then I started this fun project.  I'll be grateful Sunday morning tho, when things are ironed.  Ironed on a couple of patches on some holey jeans, too (those aren't for church tho)
Naptime!  
I think the kids got a kick out of me taking pics all day.
Finished ironing and some more laundry, then took a break with some ice.  Seriously, I don't do this very often anymore.  Once or twice a month, maybe?  My ankle is doing so well.  Read a Psalm and shut my eyes for a few minutes before the kiddos got off the bus.  Ahh....

The my darling friend, Stacy, came over and we left the bunch with her oldest and my oldest and went for a walk.  Nice.  Even if the picture isn't so nice!  ha!

Took the beads out of Summer's hair.  Tomorrow the braids...
We have dance pictures tomorrow (kinda like school pictures, but a little better).  Five kids. Ten costumes.  Yikes.  So we went through them and tried them on.  Here's a cutie for ya...
Then I made supper.  We didn't eat until about 7 when Brandy came home (he also picked up some veggies and cocktail sauce since I was in the mood for some shrimp).   Oh, Tye and Gabe came late for supper.  I had just ran downstairs for something and noticed their room.  I'd told them after school they could play outside once there atrocious closet was cleaned.  Well, it was, at the expense of their room!  They joined us a few minutes later.
Yes, this was the best out of the 2 pictures I took.
Clean up and time for bed.  Brandy took the boys in the basement, I took the kiddos upstairs (when we're both home we tag team bedtime).  Here's a couple of the upstairs bunch.
I thought I needed one more picture for the day, so I conned my hubby into helping me spread a couple of bags of wood mulch in the flower bed that I've started working on.  Still needs some more work.
Ended the day with watching a little tv with my hubby while eating a Culvers sundae he picked up (caramel cashew, yum).  And having some good talks with my hubby.

Now of course, I'm on the computer.  =)

Hope your day was as good as mine!  Good-night!



3 comments:

Dawn said...

That was FUN!! What a neat idea to do! :)

Cindy said...

Ok so absolutely totally FUN FUN now is that a challenge to try that :) remember the non techy love jadens shirt brings back memories of aj wearing it off to soccer miss you

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I love, love, love this "day in the life of Carey." And I love, love, love YOU!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews