Friday, May 28, 2010

Mom Shorts III

CALENDARS!

So last night I gathered up ALL the ball game sheets, the library sheets, etc etc.

Woa.  Lots going on.
I told Brandy, "Uhm, yeah, maybe 7 kids is enough"  {ha!}

We have school until June 4 (bummer) because of all our snow days.  But some of the summer rec stuff has started, and the dance recital is next week.  Whirlwind!

The beginning of the year I missed some things, and although that can still happen, I finally found a calendar system that works well for me.


Yep, it's an online calendar.  I'm on the computer...uhm...probably too much...and I have it set as my home page.  Check it out if you don't have something that works well for you, it's awesome, and it's FREE.  And no, I don't get anything for telling you about it.  I just wanted to cuz it's that good.

Here's an example of one of our weeks...
Monday
17
— All Day — *Carey Swans
12:00p *All Shianne: track meet
4:00p – 5:00p *Carey *Gabe Gabe dance
5:00p – 6:30p *Carey *Svanna Svanna Dance
5:30p – 7:30p *Carey *Sierra Sierra Dance
Tuesday
18
8:30a – 2:00p *Summer Preschool Zoo!
5:00p – 6:30p *Tye Tye Dance
Wednesday
19
7:00p *All K musical
Thursday
20
12:30p – 1:15p *Summer Dance
7:45p *All Sierra & Carey haircut
Friday
21
— All Day — *Gabe Take small animal beenie to school
Saturday
22
— All Day — *All Yaby's Wedding!!
12:00p *Sierra Soccer (field 4)
2:00p *Svanna Soccer (field 4)
 
They'll send you reminders via email, and even phone {although I can't get that part figured out}.  You can enter something that happens every week and tell it to put it on that day every week.  It's been a life saver for me.  And especially with the summer schedule, I think I'd go nuts without it.

So whenever I get a schedule, or a note from school, I enter it on the calendar.

But this "Mom Shorts" isn't really about THIS calendar, it's about setting up a system that works for you.

Do you need one you can carry around in your purse?  Or do you need one that everyone can see hanging on the wall?  How do you update your family?

We've started having a "family meeting" on Sundays and reading off the week's list.  That helps everyone feel like they know whats going on, and occasionally a family member will remind me of something that didn't make that calendar and should have, so there are less surprises.

Are you ready for summer?  Get out those calendars!

1 comment:

Crista said...

Ooh...I like that! I've been using a whiteboard, which is nice because it's visible to everyone, but some days there's not enough room to write! I'm going to check that out, and maybe I'll use both! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews