I totally FORGOT about one of my little indulgences, aka: pressure valve releases!
Drum roll.....
I buy myself flowers. Yes ma'am, I do.
From Wal*Mart. Cheap. It's amazing how a $5 bouquet can be arranged and add beauty to my living area and a smile to my face.
I LOVE cut flowers. And this way, Brandy doesn't get nagged at cuz he doesn't buy me any. In fact, now that I buy my own once in a while, I probably nixed him ever buying them for me again. Ah well, as you can see by the last post, he does quite well even without flowers.
So anyway, yesterday they had the Mom's Day bouquets 1/2 off. Basically the $10 arrangement that I don't splurge on for myself down to $5. Suh-weet!
Bought this beautiful bouquet. Daisies, carnations, stargazer lilys, some fluffy filler stuff, some eucalyptus. I cut them down and arranged them fairly nicely in a glass vase with some colored stones.
My Mother's Day flowers from me!
Which, late this afternoon, I brought over to my darling neighbor, cuz she'll enjoy them much more than me.
Seems I'd forgotten, although so beautiful, how scent-sational stargazer lilies just are. I enjoyed them until right before bed. Then realized they were pretty strong and could set off my allergies. So I put them in the sunroom, a little off the main living area. To enjoy them from afar.
Then I was talking to a friend on the phone and needed it to be a little quieter, so I shut myself up in the sunroom (the kiddos can still SEE me, and open the door if needed, but the noise factor is smaller). After about15 minutes of talking I began to cough. And my chest began to tighten. And cough. And tighten. And cough some more.
I had to go run a quick errand, so on the way out I grabbed the vase.
As my dear neighbor put it, one (wo)man's curse is another (wom)man's blessing.
Enjoy Sharon! Hope they are a pressure valve release to you. Hugs!
(oh and when I told Brandy? he said, glad they weren't from me! heehee)

1 comment:
how cruel to be betrayed by spring pollen! Love the post...thanks!
Post a Comment