Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fun Change in Plans

For awhile now we were planning on going to Omaha for the Memorial Day weekend.  We were hoping our friends from Nebraska could join us, but either way, it was going to be a fun weekend.

We would catch the zoo (if you've ever been there you know it's fabulous), maybe the Children's Museum, and see Brandy's cousin and family.

Well, that week we found out our friends could only join us for lunch, but that was ok.

However, a few days before, I was feeling S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D.  A lot had to be done in order to go...laundry, grocery shopping, packing, and the next week {now this week} was going to be nuts.  I told Brandy via phone one morning that it would be ok with me if we just stayed home for the weekend.

Well, later that day I got a message from our friends that they wouldn't be able to make lunch either.  Plus, we couldn't get a hold of Brandy's cousin who we really wanted to get together with.  Thankfully, only Shianne really knew about the trip, and she wanted to see her cousin, and if that wasn't a possibility, she was ok with staying home.

What a great weekend we had!  So relaxing and fun.

One of the benefits was Tye's Kindergarten picnic on Friday.  We were planning on going, but if I had been stressed about leaving and having lots to do, we wouldn't have stayed long.  Instead, Summer, Jaden, Gabe and I were able to stay the whole time and really enjoy ourselves.

It was a beautiful day!
 



Cheetos, what Cheetos?


Summer and Jaden love these "horsey" rides
Would you STOP taking my picture and just give me a push!
Ok, if I smile nice will you push?
 Tye's class and super wonderful awesome teacher {who we will miss!}!

Saturday I really enjoyed my birthday with my family.  The kids {and Brandy} brought me breakfast in bed before Brandy left for work.  Along with singing, cards and lots of hugs.  Glorious!  I had a nice easy day, the kids played in the sprinklers, and we had friends over for supper.  Brandy even got me a cake from Cold Stone, yum yum!

Sunday off to church, then naps and hanging out.  A wonderful pastime.  Monday was pancakes in the park, and then off to a more local zoo and sandwiches in a park {Seems to be a park theme here}. Ahhh...hopefully I'll post pictures soon.

It's amazing how staying home can be a fun change in plans~!

2 comments:

the Crists said...

It is amazing how much Jaden's smile looks like yours! Such a God thing! Wow, he is really growing up. Glad your family loved your weekend.

Michelle said...

Saw Tye's class in the park. It looked like they were having a great time! (I noticed your "Bob" van when I stopped during work to eat my lunch and do a little charting while enjoying the beautiful day - aside from the wind - I had to chase down a few of my papers!)

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend and you had a fun weekend! Great pics of the zoo too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews