Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Memories

.
Karen Ehman is having a fun giveaway on her blog.  In order to qualify, you need to leave your favorite summer memory as a comment (head on over there!).  Got me thinking.  Here's mine:

Sitting on the beach as the sun goes down (provided the mosquitos are not out!). I love sunshine, but I'm not a hot sun lover. So when most everyone leaves the beach I love to sit and listen to the waves. We live in the Midwest, so it's not often I hear the ocean waves, but waves, none-the-less. When I was a tween or teenager and camped with my family, I would sit on the rocks, listen to the waves and write poetry.


I no longer write poetry with my busy family. But I love when the beach clears out and I have a good view of my kids, laughing and enjoying each other, being carefree.

Ah...the warmth in my soul.

My tween {Shianne} writes poetry...I imagine one day soon I'll sit on the beach and watch her write something beautiful...
 

1 comment:

Amy Kinser said...

That is just great! So fun to watch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews