Saturday, August 14, 2010

Muffin Recipe

.
Ok, so it's after 9 pm, and I had to make 2 doz muffins for the church brunch tomorrow {which I'm happy to do}.

I don't have a muffin mix on hand, so I looked for a recipe online.

Just had to share this recipe with you, cuz it's so easy and so versatile.

The recipe is Butterscotch Muffins.  Now, I'm not a real big fan of butterscotch, but the flavor comes from a box of instant pudding.  So I thought...why not try another flavor?

So, I just made Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins and Lemon Poppyseed Muffins. In other words, I had a box of chocolate pudding and a box of lemon pudding in my pantry.  And they turned out yummy! I simply threw in some chocolate chips in the one and some poppy seed into the other. Mmmmm-mmm. Oh, and each recipe made 18, so I had enough to sample.  *smile*

So, if you're looking for a muffin recipe to try with things you probably already have in your cupboard, click here.

Tip:  Do what I say, not what I do.  I thought I outsmarted the non-existing-in-my-cupboard muffin box mix by making them "from scratch."  Until I started making them and I realized I was out of eggs!  Unfortunately, nothing that I know of is a substitute for eggs.  So I made a trip to Wally-World at 9:30 pm.  Ah well.  I ran into another gal from church picking up muffin mixes for her muffins and we had a little chat.  Love it.  Enjoy the recipe!

Tip #2:  I left off the topping for my flavors...do what you think is best with yours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews