Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

.
Black Friday...that's a good name for it for me!  Cuz I don't like to shop.  And mainly cuz I can't stand crowds.  I get people claustrophobic.  There's probably a name for it, but basically if I get in too big of a moving crowd my heart starts to beat faster and I start to sweat.  I'm a lot better than I used to be because once while in China (as you know, there are a few people in China!) that happened...it was like we were herded like cattle through this seemingly wide hallway, taking baby steps, people pressing in on all sides.  I hung on to Brandy for dear life.  Fear coursing through me. I seriously took this picture when we came out of there (I think it was in the Forbidden City).



Nothing like facing your fear to help conquer it!

But I still can't stand crowds.  So...needles to say, I do my Black Friday shopping...ONLINE! Woot! Woot!  You can actually find quite a few deals online.  Some the same ones that people are fighting and pushing and jabbing each other for in the store.  I found a great deal at Kohls!  Already a great deal, and then I used coupon code EXTRA20 and got another 20% off!  I saved over $60 for something I intended to buy for Christmas anyway.  All in my jammies.  Suh-weet!  And I got to sleep in today.  Ahhhh.....


But as I was waiting for the latest Amazon lightening deals to come up (some movies for $3.99, etc) I was browsing other websites that I follow.  I came across the Real Hope For Haiti.

While I'm gleefully spending my money, people are dying from the lack of it.

Take a moment, buy one less item, and give to those in need today, will you?


World Vision

Real Hope For Haiti Rescue Center


SIM

Mission of Hope, Haiti

God's blessings to you today!  And in the spirit of Thanksgiving,  I'd like to thank YOU, you who read my blog and keep my mind churning with things to write.  Blogging is very cathartic for me, and also a wonderful way to keep in touch.  Thank you for giving me this opportunity.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews