"Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God."
That's a prayer by the founder of World Vision, Bob Pierce. A non-profit that helps millions around the world.
I prayed that the other day...quietly, carefully, my teeth gritted, timidly.
I want to want that.
But I really don't.
Because that hurts. Too much. I truly believe that's why we become "immune" in a way to all the orphans, all the hurting, all the dying in the world that could be saved by simple measures.
Because having God's eyes, even for just a minute, would break our hearts.
And really...who WANTS that? A broken heart. Don't we actually do all in our power to AVOID broken hearts?
But isn't that what God is asking of us?
Ouch.
There's so so much pain and suffering out there.
So I say with tears and trepidation...give me Your eyes for just one second.

1 comment:
I hear ya, friend.
Post a Comment