Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Tree Part I

.
Last Wednesday we went to get our Christmas tree!  We always wait until after Sierra's birthday.  It was kind of hard to find the time.  In part because of kids' activities and in part because Brandy was leaving for prison {ministry} Wednesday night.  He'll be home later tonight. So Brandy, bless him, took off work a bit early so we could get it before he left.

I LOVE getting a real tree.  Especially when the weather is nice.  And it really wasn't too cold!  Cold enough to get red cheeks and enjoy warming up, but not so cold as to say "hurry up already!"  I got hand warmers for inside everyone's gloves, the kids enjoyed seeing how they worked and how warm they got, too.



All bundled up and waiting to get started...




Getting on the tractor pulled wagon...


A little horsing around...

Summer hit her head on a metal rod right before we got on the wagon.  Ouch!
We were able to cheer her up though!
Searching for just the right tree...
A Charlie Brown tree perhaps?
We found it!
Being the big strong woman that I am, I of course, cut down the tree.
Ok, well, maybe it was Shianne!
Or, maybe that's neither of us under that tree...
Mission accomplished!
Time to go back and warm up!
Hot cider and cookies, yum!
And why not add a couple of kittens?

Lovely time!  Stayed tuned for Christmas Tree Part II...decorating!  Merry Christmas!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews