Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Morning

Thankfully I had downloaded Christmas morning pictures before I lost my camera, so I thought I'd share some.  Back to reality...the camera and camcorder are still missing.  Thank you so much for all your suggestions.  I feel like we've checked *almost* everywhere.  Hopefully it's somewhere in that little *almost* department, but it's not looking good.  My mom-in-law has checked her home as well.  sigh

The good news is the storeroom is cleaned out and so is the garage and van, in part due to our search.  I DID find the laundry room paint and touched up some spots from some shelf re-arranging we did over a year ago.  That felt good!

Life continues on with or without my beloved camera.  We've had two days in a row of snow daze here.  The first day was nice.  Today...well lets just say there's at least one of my kids that NEEDS to go to school tomorrow! ha!  Maybe tomorrow I'll drop the kids off even if there's no school.  Just kidding.  Although it is a thought?

I love my children.  I love my children.  I love my children.  {Seriously folks, I do.  However at some moments when they are testing me at every turn you just need to say that mantra a few times in your head!}.

So anyway, here are those Christmas Eve and Christmas morning/afternoon pictures!

Making goodies for Christmas Eve...
 Traditionally we go to Brandy's Grandmother's on Christmas Eve.  This year it didn't work out that way so we were home.  Since Great Grandma always has a huge spread, we had a good sized one too!  Followed by watching my favorite movie, It's a Wonderful Life.
 Yummy Christmas cupcakes from our neighbors...
Summer doesn't like "scrimps"
Opening our ONE present on Christmas Eve (jammies)
Daddy broke the *rule* for Christmas Eve.  Actually 2 rules.  One...only one present on Christmas Eve, and Two...no big presents, cuz our big present is going to the hotel/waterpark.   

 ...but no one minded.  It was something he really wanted to get the kids {especially the 40 year old kid!}

It was Beatles Rock Band.  They loved it!
Here they are waiting for Dad to get it all set up.

 Christmas Morning Stockings.
I think the smelly feet really add to the picture, don't you?


"I think it's a gun!" 
He was right.  It was a gun to hold the controller for the hunting game on Wii.  Man, I said I'd never let my kids have toy guns or video games.  Never say never!

Ok, this really should have been 2 posts.
But it's getting a little past Christmas so I wanna get them in here.
Ah, well, you know how to scroll with your mouse, right?
And I HAVE to get these pics on.  I love 'em.

Here we are, carrying on my Grandmother's tradition, each blowing out a candle and wishing Jesus a Happy Birthday.








Wishing you, my friends, the ability to carry the reason for the season with you the whole year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews