So, I thought I would do a "For Today" post. For more posts like these, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.
So here goes...
Outside my Window...It's gorgeous! It's finally feels like spring! It's about 62 degrees F with a breeze. No 30-40 mph winds like yesterday. The sun is shining and Summer and Jaden are playing outside. Just lovely. Puts the ahhhh back in life.
I'm Thinking...I hope the onset of Spring doesn't stress me out. Let me rephrase that. I hope I don't LET the onset of spring stress me out. Cuz even with all it's beauty and refreshingness there will be stressful situations. Brandy gets incredibly busy. Goes to work early and comes home late. Not as bad as fall {aka harvest} but soon he'll probably be working till 8 pm or so. Ick. It is what it is. I just need to pray that I don't get stressed.
I'm Thankful for...again, sunshine. What can I say, it's been awhile since we've seen it!
I'm Going...Nowhere the rest of the day! Ah shucks, that's not true. But I can't complain cuz I'm getting a massage. hehe. Actually, my upper back has been giving me fits for some time now, which gives my neck fits which gives me a monster headache. So I've been trying massage. I think it's been helping! And hey, it's more relaxing than popping a pill.
I am Reading...I've decided with this busy time of year for my hubby, I would revisit The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie O'Martin. Haven't read it yet? Go get it. We need to be covering our hubbies and marriages in prayer! She also has one about prayer in general and praying for your children that I've heard are good too.
Around the House...Summer & Jaden just came in the house {they said it was too "hot" ha! Take your jacket off} and now they are reading books behind me. I've got chicken stroganoff in the crock-pot. New recipe, hopefully a good one.
I am Pondering...I went to a Women's 24 hr retreat with our church and my sis-in-law this past weekend. It was so wonderful! God spoke to me about taking action. And that now is the time for action. He used John 4, especially verse 35, where Jesus tells His disciples "...open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." He has laid something on my heart for some time now, and it's time to start acting on it. So, I'm pondering a bit how that is going to look.
One of my Favorite Things...My computer. My connection to the outside world. Hard to believe just a "few" years ago we didn't use them. Although, computers can drive me CRAZY as well! Most days I do appreciate it though.
On my Mind...Summer is having oral surgery Thursday {don't mention it to her cuz she doesn't know it yet. Why prolong her concern?}. They will put her completely out, so I'm hopeful and praying that it goes well.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...Gotcha Day is tomorrow for 3 of my kids! So we'll probably/hopefully go out for Ethiopian food sometime this weekend. Also...Dance classes... Preschool...Preschool Parent/Teacher Conference...homework for the kiddos...youth group for Shianne...Summer's Oral appt...some college students are gonna spend some time with a few of my kiddos for a class...make cookies for a youth event...youth Sunday...sing in praise team...
you get the idea!
A Picture Just for Fun...
Husking corn...2005.
{Shouldn't they still be this little?}



No comments:
Post a Comment