We have all seven kids in dance. Yes, I'm nuts. We have 16 costumes for recital. Oh. My. Word. Yes, again, we're crazy. Maybe...
I ask myself honestly why we are involved in dance.
That is a good question.
I love dance. But that's not a good enough reason. My kids have the talent for it...a better reason. But there's more.
I've seen it help to produce in them a bit of these things. Gracefulness. Confidence. Excitement. The ability to Overcome. Learning to Finish what they've started. Responsibility. Accountability. Prioritizing. Perseverance. Agility. Exercise.
Of course they have a long ways to go in all of these categories (don't we all?), but it's helped.
What will next year bring in our little world of dance? Not sure yet. One day (step) at a time, remember?
Some of my kids love it. Some like it. Some tolerate it. One can't stand it (but that one really needs some more of the above).
We'll see what next year brings.
Ok, this was just going to be a post with cute pictures! Ha! And somehow I'm musing again. Imagine that!
So, dance pictures are CRAZINESS. Moving to town and having an older daughter(s) that can watch kiddos at home have been a huge help to the craziness. The space is small. The kids are many. We had 13 pictures to take with 14 costumes (Jaden and Summer are in the same class). It was a Friday night and Saturday morning. And then four soccer games and a pizza party on Saturday afternoon! I'm not organized by nature, but this is one area I have to be.
Let me show off my cute kids a bit. *smile* I forgot my camera for Summer & Jaden's class, which is a bummer cuz they were so stinkin' cute! But I'll get more at the recital, which is in just a couple of weeks. I didn't take a lot of pictures as not to interfere with the photographers.
Arranging Svanna's jazz class for a group photo
Sierra waiting for her turn in her ballet costume
Tye was HOT. It was crowded and very warm in there. Here he is with his good friend, Hanah. They don't see each other as often now that we go to a different school, so it's nice that they're in the same dance class. And yes, the photographers arranged them this way! He wouldn't pose like this with just anybody.
Ok, they look way older than eight here. But isn't it adorable? (shhhh don't tell him I used that word) I mean, doesn't Tye look studly?
I love the look on their faces for this one
Great kids.






No comments:
Post a Comment