What a night would probably be more like it. The day wasn't so bad. I even dug in our "hole" beside our driveway. Its a hole waiting to become the base for our new basketball hoop. However, Brandy's been digging 4 feet down in about a 2 ft space. He'd made it a little over 3 feet and it was getting trickier. He comes home quite tired (his job is physical). So I decided to help. I will be quite sore tomorrow I'm sure, but I made it the last foot! Woot! Mission accomplished.
But...Sierra was home from school with Strep. Now, technically, she could have gone to school today as she's been on meds since Saturday. But, it's hard to go to school when you're stinkin' miserable. I don't think I've ever seen that girl so miserable. Yuck.
Tye came home with symptoms. Great. Enough time to call the doc and get him some meds.
They are now both sleeping on the couch.
But it took me a looooong road to get to the everyone is sleeping peaceful state.
Brandy is PLANTING. Yeah! Finally. They usually get started mid-April. But with the cold, wet, winter-like spring they didn't start until today. But...that means he's not home. Even now.
Side bar: Saturday night I was up late with Sierra. At 12:15 am I let the dogs outside for a potty break. It was technically May 1st. IT WAS SNOWING. May 1st. Yippee. But I digress.
I had been up frequently during the night with Sierra. So I gave myself a lot of leeway on what I got accomplished today. Come to think of it, I don't think I even made my bed. And I think my one load of laundry is still in the washer.
After school. Needed groceries. Needed to stop by the pharmacy to pick up meds for Tye.
Left Shianne in charge. She generally does very well and I'm SO GRATEFUL that I have this option.
My phone rings at the grocery store.
Shianne, "MOM! Jaden cut my hair with a scissors! A big chunk!"
Great. Lovely. Yet why am I not surprised.
Checking out at the grocery store. Sierra calls. Practically screaming (like she's been doing a lot of. Not loud cuz it hurts, but the intonation is really there). "Mom, I feel like I'm going to puke, where ARE you???!?"
Almost there, babe, almost there.
The healthy kiddos get the groceries out of the car. Comfort Sierra a little. Get potatoes boiling for supper. I already had a ham in the oven and wanted some sides to go with it. Was excited to have a yummy home-cooked meal. But not excited for long.
MOM! MOM! MOM! Over and over because miserable (she's pretty sure she's dying by this point) Sierra wants me with her. Can't blame her. But supper is on the stove and there are 6 other kids vying for my attention. Shianne doing wonderfully putting away groceries. Svanna grudgingly putting away clean dishes--cuz Mom forgot she has a big test tomorrow and needs to study, oops--3 other ones under my feet in the kitchen as I'm trying to cook. Midst the howling.
Comfort her. Add something to the stove. Comfort her. Take her to sit by the toilet. Comfort her. Check out the stove. Tell Svanna and Gabe to set the table (still not remembering Svanna needs to study and wondering why she's giving me attitude).
Sierra comes in the kitchen and pukes on the dishes in the kitchen sink. A few siblings looking on completely grossed out. Well, at least I'm right there for her. Come to think of it...I haven't cloroxed the sink yet. Probably should get to that.
Sierra still miserable. Now Shianne looks at me and says, "my throat hurts". I'm just giddy.
Where's the Calgon? I need some Calgon on steroids.
Still trying to finish supper. Kids still under my feet. Still lots of moaning from the living room. Still crabbiness coming from the dining room. Now Shianne and Tye aren't sure their stomachs are ok. So and so wants this. So and so needs that. Mom, I need this. Mom...Mom...Mom...
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Now it's Mom's turn to lose it. Yep, I did. Almost cried. Just about yelled. In front of my kids. Right then and there. Deep breath. Explained myself to my wide-eyed kiddos. Took a short break in the bedroom and prayed for a minute. Felt a little better.
Apologized to my kids.
Sat with 4 kids by the table with our now getting cold meal.
Two kids eating on the couch. Can't eat it all cuz of sore throats.
Sierra doesn't eat anything. She has a hard time swallowing her own saliva.
Realize I really need to help Svanna with her test. Study with her for a few minutes.
Sierra needs me. Tye needs me. Gabe needs me. Summer and Jaden need me. I'll be back, Svanna. Thankfully, she was being incredibly patient. Probably didn't want mom to lose it again.
Got the littler ones ready for bed. Tucked them in. After a bit of run-around, of course. Sierra goes from upset to listless (hoping that's the codeine, I almost preferred her at upset).
Study with Svanna for a while. She's got it!
Put some "lip stuff" on poor Sierra's chapped lips. Lotion her arms, legs and feet in a small attempt to make my honey feel better. She falls into a very restless sleep. But at least she's sleeping (Yes, I'm keeping a close eye on that girl. I'm concerned. Even called the hospital to talk to a nurse. She's not dehydrated...yet).
Tye falls asleep on the other couch.
Shianne's pretty sure she's better and it's just allergies? Mom's not convinced.
Svanna takes a shower and afterward I get a great hug from her, as I thanked her for being such a big help.
Now, I relax.
Now, God leads me to this site.
Sixty Feet
Orphans with no where else to go...get put in a children's jail.
Perspective.

1 comment:
Wow! Amazing what a little perspective will do! I need moments like that more often than I care to admit!
Hope you get a little time to rest this weekend! Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment