Mom, “Jaden, I’m sorry, I forgot to take you to dance today. I’m sorry, bud.”
Jaden, “That's okay, we can go tomorrow.”
“No, they don’t have it tomorrow; we have to wait till next week.”
Jaden, "Why I have to skip dance?"
“Cuz your mom forgot.”
Jaden, "I should said, 'Mom! Dance!"
You know, when I do these types of things I can settle into Mommy guilt fairly fast. I mean, not only did Jaden miss going, but I paid for it anyway, and the teacher wondered where we were.
{To continue reading this post, click on Katelyn's Fund and check out the blog!}

5 comments:
Carey- thanks for the comment - I hope I can do most of the things. :) I have had friends do 40 before 40 lists - you could totally do one! (and throw in a few things you already have done to give yourself some "checked off already" items, lol.) :)
Sweet boy, taking some of the responsibility for not saying something. Cuteness.
You have a beautiful family!
Very sweet! So thankful God doesn't require perfection, just obedience! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!
Stopping by via Company Girls. You have such a gorgeous family! I looked at the pics of your family through the Christmases and you can just see the love on the screen. Thank you for sharing those pictures. I also wanted to let you know that I added you to a blog list on my blog. I hope you'll stop by and visit sometime.
Carey, I forgot to take Miah to piano lessons this week. I was remembering it at 4:15 yet, and her lesson is at 5:00! It is amazing how quickly my mind can get side-tracked in this house. I thought of your blog post (which I had ready earlier this week) that night as I was consumed with frustration, guilt, and just plain anger over my mistake! Thanks for the encouragement that NONE of us are perfect moms!
Post a Comment