But it was a FANTASTIC trip and so I still want to post them. If you are like me, and aren't into "old news" than just carry on with your day as usual. LOL
I dearly miss my friend, Sandy. Brandy and I met Fred and Sandy on an airplane out of Minneapolis with China as our end destination. We had be in contact via internet before, but then met in person. We were on our way to meet our sons. Beau at the time was seven, and Jaden only 16 months. They brought along their precious little China doll, Zoe, five years old at the time.
This is one of my favorite pics of us on the Great Wall (which is harder to climb than you would think!).
Some people in China thought we were sisters. I guess maybe we look alike? Or it could simply be because to the Chinese us white people all look the same. Either way, we took it. I don't have a sister so I'll claim her!
A year or so ago, because of a work transfer, they moved from the St Paul area to Atlanta, GA. So they aren't as easy for us to see. So in January, Jaden and I flew to Georgia for a visit.
A lot of fun was had just hangin out at their house...
Beau played so nice with Jaden even though he's so much younger!
One day Sandy and I did some bumming around and shopping and got in on a bon bon taste test. FUN and YUM. All I had was my phone but you get the picture.
Sandy, Jaden and I went to the Georgia Aquarium. Oh. My. Word. How amazing was that?!? I have to admit there were times I almost cried at the beautiful things God created under the sea.
Waiting for the Dolphin show.
in awe...
Jaden LOVED looking for the fish and sharks and such on the provided sheet, finding them, running to us and asking what they were called. When did he grow up? So fun to see.
I could sit here for hours...
Jaden would not touch a stingray...
...but he would touch a starfish.
Jaden watch out for Sandy!!!
Beluga whales, amazing.
Let's not forget about outer space!
Chinese New Year was the day after we left, so we celebrated by going to a yummy Chinese restaurant. Here Jaden is with Beau and Zoe.
Also got to watch Beau and Zoe play basketball.
Whew, vacationing is hard work!
Seriously, we had a fun, relaxing time and I would go back in a heartbeat. Miss my sista already.
























1 comment:
What a wonderful trip! Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment