Monday, August 20, 2012

VACATION and GOTCHA day

Last Thursday we returned from our vacation! What fun!!

There were some...uhm...happenings. I thought about titling the post "the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." LOL But overall it was just really really good to get some time away together.  Maybe I'll go a bit more into detail later on some of the crazy things that happened.

At the end of last Summer, having a premonition that he'd have to run irrigators Summer 2012, Brandy said he wasn't taking a vacation.

WHAT?!?!?

I didn't really have a fabulous reaction to that. Nope.  I. did. not.

I came up with the idea that we would go somewhere close by for a few weeks, and he would promise me 6 nights.  So, we rented a cabin on a nearby lake for almost 3 weeks.  Brandy came and went, and I can happily say that although we missed him while he was gone, he stayed with us not six, but nine nights. =)

We swam, beached, boated, fished, played mini-golf, went to a play, went to an amusement park, shopped, did Bible School and a concert, played games, watched movies, napped, and celebrated a birthday and a Gotcha Day.

Which, I forgot to post about before I left.  So, I'll post vacation pictures later, and leave you with our sweet Jaden.

On a hot, muggy day in a China office building, on August 6, 2007, my heart beat almost out of my chest while I waited.  I wondered, will I really love him as much as my bio kids?  What if I don't?



Guess what?  I do.  Oh, I do I do I do.  Without a doubt.

We love you, buddy.  Our sweet, fun loving, takes-the-role-of-baby-of-the-family-seriously Jaden John Jian.  Words cannot even express how grateful we are to God for letting us be your Mommy and Daddy.

August 6, 2012.  Celebrating at a Chinese restaurant on our vacation.


Happy Gotcha Day, Jaden.  We love you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews