Friday, June 12, 2009

Svanna and Sierra's First Game

Sierra had her first game of the season this past Tuesday.

Svanna had her first game EVER this past Tuesday.

They both did so well!

Just think of it...I don't know if Svanna even knew what softball was before she came to the States. Before her first practice really. Something I hope to find out once she's further along in her English skills. She's really been enjoying it, though. I'm so glad!! It's also good for her to get with other kids for a little while.

Waiting for her turn up to bat...

Here she is, up to bat! She made it on base! Way to go, Svanna!


Off to first base! She always seemed to get the helmet that is too big for her. I told Brandy he should mention not to hold on to it and worry about it. He said it wouldn't be easy to run if it was in front of her eyes, either! Point taken. Sierra and Svanna, playing infield. When I signed them up, I requested they be on the same team. Svanna is doing very well, but she needs Sierra's support and encouragement.


Ready for action! She listens so well to the coach about being in position and ready.Sierra up to bat. Now that's get up and go!!Run home, baby, run home!! Way to go! And, let's not forget the adoring fans. It was a quite chilly June morning at 8:30 am!
Who me?!?Jaden and Mamma, chillin'. And no, just in case you're wondering, the baby in the background is NOT the newest addition to our family! LOL! That is beautiful, very new, baby Gemma. Congrats Mark and Gretchen!! She's a honey!

Oh my goodness! Gabe smiled for a picture? He smiles quite often, but shuts off the smiles when the camera comes out. Maybe it's because Dad's taking the picture? He does have a soft spot for his dad! Love that smile, buddy.

Yep, this one's a cutie, too!
Haven't had the chance to take pics at Shi's games yet, I missed the first one. Brandy wasn't able to be at the second one and the picture angle isn't the best from the wheel chair. But here's a pic of her in her new uniform. Doesn't she look great?!? And yes, she's that tall!

I still think shorts in softball is kinda ridiculous...but she does look good!! (the black thing is the slider, in case you're ball inept like me!)

Great job, girls!


1 comment:

one happy family said...

beautiful family!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews