Monday, October 26, 2009

Concert!!

Saturday night Shianne and I got to go to a Point of Grace and Mark Schultz Concert! Woot!

I, of course, forgot the camera. Since I'm only a few minutes away from the concert I thought I'd go back to get it. Got part way back to the van and remembered why I came early in the first place...so I wouldn't have to walk so far from a parking spot!!! (think...ankle) So I nixed that idea. My friend, Gwen, who we were sitting by, took pics from me. Until I get them from her, these are off her facebook page, so that's why they are a little tough to see. But you can sure see Shianne's excitement, can't you?!?

Shi sitting with her 'peeps.' Which of course, meant, I didn't get to sit by her. But I got to sit by a peep of my own so it was ok! I was close enough to see her reaction to the concert. I was in the center aisle in the 3rd row from the front, and Shi was behind us to the left. What seats!Nabbing a picture with Mom. Thanks, Gwen!Point of Grace was AWESOME!As was Mark Schultz!
Ok, now the story behind it all. Brandy was called kinda last minute by a friend organizing it and asked if he could help set up for the bands. Since it KEEPS RAINING HERE (sun shone today, yay!), he wasn't in the field so said it should work. He left about 9 am and set up until about mid afternoon.
Jaden had a 102 fever, so I figured after helping out, Brandy should go and I'd stay home. Well, Brandy got 2 tickets for helping set up/tear down and he asked if Shi and I would like them! Yeah! I'd had about enough of staying home with sick and loved the idea of going. Turned out, he got to see the Iowa game, anyway (can anyone say undefeated?!?), which was an edge of your seat game down to the last 2 seconds.

Shianne went to a friend's house that afternoon, and called and asked if she could go to the college where the concert was to help her friend Jordan's dad. I said, sure, your dad's already there. Except Jordan's dad was the runner. One of his duties was getting groceries for Point of Grace. So...

Shianne got to go on their tour bus!!! They weren't in there at the time, but still. Shianne tells me this as we're walking up to the concert. Hey, I say, there's the tour bus. Yeah, I know, I got to go in it. She says. What?!? She says, you know the bus off of Extreme Home Makeover?...it's better than that!!

So then we're at the concert. Shi took her own money so she bought a poster. I left part way into Mark Schultz so Brandy could catch part of it before he had to tear down.


Jordan's family got a ticket to go to the backstage concert afterwards!!! And while Brandy was tearing down, they took Shianne along!

Imagine Shi coming home, showing me her autographed poster, and both of us doing this jr high shake your hands in front of you prance around thing, going ahhhhhh!! She was on cloud nine.
Here she is with Mark Schultz...
...and with Point of Grace. Woot!

What a fun night!

3 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

What an incredible night! So happy for Shianne, too. JEALOUS! :-)

Jinglebritches said...

COOL BEANS!!!!!

Amy said...

Is it okay that I too am jealous? Looks like you had so much fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews