
As you may have guessed by my post Who Let the Boys Out?, Brandy and I actually got away for 24 hours this past weekend!! We had talked about taking a vacation just the two of us this winter, and it never materialized. Since spring is really just around the corner (yippee!) and that means Brandy will get busier and busier (bummer), we thought, now or never.
It was so wonderful to reconnect with my other half!!!
It wasn't really enough time to come home feeling refreshed, but it was a enough time to get (re)connected with my best friend, my hubby. I can't say enough how much I enjoyed our time together. A friend said she thought the silence would drive me crazy, but apparently not for only 24ish hours! *smile* (Besides, we went to some really noisy restaurants. haha!)
We drove to a city about an hour away. I had a place I wanted to go that afternoon that wasn't usually Brandy's cup of tea, so I suggested he pick the restaurant for lunch, knowing full well he'd pick Buffalo Wild Wings. That man could be the spokesman for that place! He loves it so much. We both picked going to Texas Roadhouse for supper. And although I would have liked a calmer atmosphere, the food was great.
He also let me pick a chick flick that night, which we ended up both enjoying at the theater.
But that afternoon, he took me to the Butterfly House. Its a place many people take their kids, in fact a couple of my girls have been there on field trips. But it's just beautiful, and I'd never been there. I thought it would be fun to go and enjoy it, and not worry about chasing kids around, or kids chasing butterflies.
Cuz, yes, you're in with the butterflies. Its a bit disconcerting at first. Even though they are so beautiful, they are, well...bugs. And there's just something in me that shys away from a bug sitting on me. Well, one never did, and my skittishness went away after a little bit.
I so wished I'd had my good camera! But it's in the shop (hopefully getting fixed). They had plates of fruit set around for the butterflies.
They also had beautiful plants, and a waterway with fish.
My second favorite were some blue butterflies (can't remember the name) that were this gorgeous blue...fluttering all over...but wouldn't sit still so I couldn't get a picture! But this one was probably my favorite. We were just amazed at how it looks exactly like a leaf...
...on the outside. But on the inside it was this gorgeous blue and orange. The picture doesn't do it nearly justice. The colors just captured the light so.
What a reminder. A reminder to see the good inside of people. Not what the outside looks like. On the outside they might blend in, and not get noticed at all. But on the inside they are a thing of beauty."The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
I Samuel 16:7
.

1 comment:
beautiful pictures and beautiful thoughts. Thanks, friend. I am so headed for the Butterfly house. I have not been there for years!
Post a Comment