But praise be to God, tonight I'm feeling better.
Although--I told myself I'd be to bed on time, so I'd better get to it!
Last night, rather than face the night, or even face the morning, I watched silly sitcoms on TV until Brandy came home from work at 1 a.m. (a 19 hour day for him).
So I'm tired.
I'm sad. I've been sad today.
Even though I didn't have my Grandpa as much the past year or so as before (he had become disabled, couldn't get around much, and mostly because he had developed dementia--still himself, but just not quite).
Today I miss him as I gaze upon his picture on my desktop.
My heart squeezes and my eyes mist.
I mourn for my Grandmother, now a widow.
I talked to my Grandmother about the funeral, and feel the loss of my not being able to go. Of my kids not being able to go.
But I rejoice! Of course with Grandpa and his present glorious life.
But also in my day.
After almost 4 weeks of strep throat in our home, we are now all on an antibiotic and are KICKING this thing. Normally taking an antibiotic when possibly not necessary would make me cringe, but I'm tired of it. And we are all healthy today!
Brandy got all their fields planted. Woot! Woot! He'll still be busy this time of year, but not as insanely so.
We were able to eat supper together as a family tonight. Everyone. No Daddy at work. No sick kids on the couch. Ahhh....lovely.
I got to spend one on one time with Svanna, picking up a costume for her school day tomorrow as Helen Keller. She opened up and asked questions. Wonderful.
I got to spend one on one time with Sierra. She wanted bangs again (got to admit I like her in bangs
*smile*) and Momma needed a hair cut (decided not to let it get to the point where it's driving me crazy this time!). Just simple fun togetherness that I enjoyed.
My Grandmother is truly amazing. She is recognizing her stages of grief. It will get harder. But she's hanging on.
Warm words from friends.
Hugs from friends.
A walk with a friend.
All wonderful.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
I'm betting tomorrow will be a good day.

2 comments:
ah, Carey, the bittersweet sorrow of sending a grandparent on before...hugs to you my dear friend!
((((Hugs))))
Love you Carey ...
Post a Comment