Monday, September 13, 2010

Garage Sale Fun

.
Well, the garage sale was a success!  We had 4 families, and I think each is pretty happy with the results.  Besides that, my garage is cleaned out!  You can't tell by the looks of my house that we got rid of some stuff (how sad is that?!?), but I do feel good about it.

Our "deal" with the kids was this.  What goes in the garage stays in the garage {they sold some toys and such as well}.  If there was no whining about wanting to bring stuff back in, and if they behaved themselves, we'd take the money and go to a local amusement park. 

And they did quite well!  So Saturday morning, we shut the doors, saved the mess for a later time {uhm yes, I should be out there right now} and took off to meet some friends.

Here we are driving boating in to the park. It was an absolutely gorgeous day!

Brandy felt right at home...
A few more monkeys joined him!

None of the kids have been to an amusement park before!  I think maybe Shianne went to a carnival when she was younger?  Anyway, what fun we had!  I'd definitely recommend going after Labor Day.  The place was quite empty.  The kids went on tons of rides, and Mom wasn't so nervous about losing sight of them.

Well...except for when I lost Summer for about 4 minutes.  YIKES!  She had snuck on the log ride with her sisters when I was distracted.  {Insert racing heart}

The kids really enjoyed the simplicity of the train.
Summer and Bianca...
Jaden and Tony...
Tony couldn't really handle the train...{ha ha}
The roller coaster was a huge hit!
Love Shianne's expression...
Can you tell that Grandpa was in the area and joined us for a little while?  What a fun surprise!
Gabe had so much fun on the scrambler!
Summer and Jaden rode the little roller coaster
over and over and over and over and over and over and...
Sierra and her money...never together for long!
The trampoline was a huge hit!
Svanna was spectacular at doing flips.  Wow!
Ice cream...yum yum.
 Of course, the Ferris Wheel.

Fun day, fun memories!  Thanks Tony and Judi for helping us enjoy our fun day.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Your photos are fabulous! A picture-perfect ending to summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews