Today I got the call that my Grandma Van is on hospice and possibly not going to make it through the night.
Ah...the sadness of missing an amazing woman, a patriarch...a stability...a role model...a person that emulates love from our family.
But ah...the happiness for her. Since my Grandfather passed away last November, she has been so depressed. So sad. Her heart's giving out. Maybe that's a sign that she's had a broken heart these past months?
I can't wait to see them together in Heaven someday. Whole. Happy. At total Peace and incredible Joy. What a sight! What a picture! Can you even begin to imagine their reunion?!?
I'm not rushing to her side tonight to say good-bye. Not long ago I had the nicest visit with her. The best that we've had in a long time. My kids were there. We brought a little Yorkie puppy along with us, and she loved that. It was wonderful to see the smile on her face. I want to remember her that way. Holding that little puppy. And the years and years of her being "my Gramma." Time spent at her house as a girl. Time in her garden. In her backyard pool. Playing Scrabble. Calling her about a recipe when I was older. Her advice. Watching her with my kids. Her hugs and pats on the back.
There are people with her now that love her. She is not alone, but surrounded by love as she makes her journey.
Please pray that Grandma's transition from now till Forever is not a difficult one. Pray for my Mom, who is so very close to her. And the rest of the family in their grief.
Pray for my family, which is torn apart. I found out about Grandma today by a call from a pastor, not a family member.
Oh how painful.
Wounding.
I ask, "Why, Lord? Why has it come to this? I don't want it to be this way!"
But yet, He is faithful. So very faithful. He is my Rock and my Deliverer.
Where are you in your walk with Christ? With Jesus? Do you know Him? Do you know that He died for YOU, personally? Do you know that you are LOST without Him?
Go to Him. He is waiting for you with open arms.

2 comments:
Carey, I had no idea; but I can attest to what you say about a broken heart! Clint was working on the nursing when your grandpa died, he said after that he never saw her come out of her room again; I think he said along those same lines.
Praying for your grandma, my auntie - truly one of the sweetest! Praying for you as well and your family - knowing that things aren't the way they are supposed to be.
Love you.
Oh my sweet friend,
Praying for you on this day. It is a day of hardships. My daddies birthday. Yet I have always wondered what it truly meant to yearn for heaven. Maybe this is what it is. Sorry for your hurt. Sorry that this is reality. Sorry that I can't be there to give you a hug. And yet your powerful words at the end are all that I can think of to say to you. Run into HIS arms my friend. Those arms are big enough for both of us so I will just meet you there instead. Love you, miss you tons, can't wait to talk to you! Blessings my sweet friend,
Love you,
Cindy
Post a Comment