Very odd for me. I'm usual a very thankful person.
{and humble, too, can't you tell?}*smile*
I can't quite figure it out.
The weather is contributing. There's an "ice storm" of sorts. Doesn't seem like a storm unless you step out onto the pavement. Just ask my arm. It caught me in the van door storage area when I went down in the parking lot. Ok, step back...I'm VERY thankful I didn't break something. There ya go.
I do have a harder time when it's cloudy, cold, windy....dreary.
But that can't be all of it.
I found myself getting frustrated with my kids tonight while we were playing. Yes, I actually took time to play with them and then got annoyed. They weren't out of line at all...just being themselves, being kids. But I didn't have the patience for it. Shhh...don't tell them, I hope they didn't notice.
But yuck, that's not how Thanksgiving is supposed to be!
Maybe it's because my dear friend found out yesterday that she can't adopt her son.
That breaks my heart. But I'm sure not like it breaks hers.
He was never legally her son...but he was in her heart. And in the heart of her husband and their other kids.
Which is enough...for a Mom.
That's it. That's why I'm having a hard time being thankful.
But why? I mean, it is awful, horrible; but...I usually can handle it.
Ahh....
It was that prayer.
Now I need to pray for something else..
To have God's JOY and PEACE in the midst of broken hearts.
Because He has LOADS of joy in store for me. For everyone who trusts in Him.
Lord, only You can break my heart and yet give me JOY. And You will.
I pray for that this Thanksgiving. And for everyone. Especially my broken-hearted friend.
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:
Post a Comment