I'm writing this while we're there, although by the time I post it we should be home. Providing the ice and snow doesn't come earlier than predicted. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to show you pictures and/or video of our fun time chillin' in the suite or playin' at the waterpark.
But...
...my camera and movie recorder thingy...
(why oh why at 37 years old do words not always find their way to the front of my brain?!? Oh, I'm in so much trouble when I'm old. Hey, found it! Camcorder! Maybe I need a new brain filing system. Let me know if you find a good one I can try)
...are at HOME.
So here, you and I can both remember by looking at last years pics and video. And suffice it to say we are having just as much fun! The waterpark looks the same, the kids have grown by leaps.
But, aside from mentioning how much fun we're having, I want to mention how much MORE fun it is for me this year than last year.
I don't particularly enjoy waterparks. Shhh...don't tell my kids.
The noise. The chaos. The chlorine. The dry skin. The bloodshot eyes. Keeping an eye on the little ones. Do I wear contacts & hope I don't lose them, or glasses and hope they don't break? Or do I fumble around blindly? Did I mention getting a wet swimsuit on and off to go to the bathroom?
However, I DO enjoy watching my kids have fun.
But this year I enjoyed playing with them at the waterpark even more than usual. Especially more than last year. I even enjoyed going down the waterslide a few times (did I really say that?). I got a few good screams in. We all need that once in a while.
Last year I felt quite self-conscious in my suit. Or so I thought. And that inhibited my fun (for shame for shame I know. Ultra dumb).
Somehow...even though I look the same in my swimsuit this year, I didn't feel so much that way. Hmmmm....
You know what? I think it wasn't so much the way I looked, but the way I MOVED last year.
See, last year, I was still recovering from that silly ankle break-two surgery-11 weeks on crutches-physical therapy mishap.
This year, I'm a tad bit more in shape.
My swimsuit might not reflect it, but my insides do.
No limping. More ENERGY. And hence, more fun.
Hmmmm...something to ponder as I start 2011, don't you think?
I'd ask what you're pondering for 2011, but seldom does anyone leave any comment love.
It's ok, I've forgiven you for that.
Ahem. LOL!
Have a FANTASTIC New Year, just in case I forget to tell ya.
God Bless!

2 comments:
Hey Carey,
I usually don't comment, but I always enjoy reading what you have to say!:) That being said, I really do appreciate the comments that you have left to me as you encourage me on days that aren't as good as others. Thank you, friend!
I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and a blessed 2011!
Cindy
happy new year, Carey! hope to find you at zumba soon!
Post a Comment