Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mom Shorts IX

Do you ever wish that you're kids were born with a manual?

A manual SPECIFIC to each child.

It just pops out when they're born.

Now wouldn't that be wonderful?  Or as a friend told me the other day, it would be great if they were born with a sign on their head that scrolled words.  Like, 

"I have a 102 fever, no need to go to the doctor...it's a virus.  Give me ibuprofen." 

Or better yet,

"I just rolled my eyes at what you said, you should make me take out the trash for doing so. I will learn from that."

Sounds good to me!

Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Some of the best parenting advice I've gotten has come from Love & Logic. They have great advice and techniques for raising toddlers to teens.  Adopted or biological.

I am thankful that we had a facilitator teach a Love and Logic class in our area.  If you live in my neck of the woods, there are often classes you can take.  And it's WORTH IT!  Go, don't wait!

They also offer downloads, a free e-newsletter, and books on their website to get you started immediately.

I recently read the Love & Logic book "How to Make the Best of Sibling Rivalry."  It has a lot of useful information.  It's also available from Amazon.  I like amazon cuz many times if I order $25 or more, they don't charge any shipping.



Of course, maybe like me (throat clearing, choking, gasping, rolling on the floor laughing) you don't have any trouble during your parenting and your kids never fight.  Then just disregard this post.

For the rest of us, hope this helps! *smile*


1 comment:

One More Equals Four said...

Man, what I wouldn't give for one of those manuals!!! Especially to get us through these teen years, ugh!

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews