Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Book Review

Prayer Walk
Becoming a Woman of Prayer, Strength & Discipline
author: Janet Holm McHenry

The author shares her journey of learning to prayer-walk.  Becoming closer and closer to God and those around her while improving her health.  She writes of her struggles and victories, and gives walking and prayer advice.  Part I focuses on "Becoming a Woman of Strength and Discipline," and Part II focuses on "Becoming a Woman of Prayer."

I have to admit, I could hardly get through Part I.  This is a revised and updated version of this book.   However I found the stats to be out of date along with some of the health advice.  For example, she tells you to look for a good walking shoe that you can bend in a U-shape.  My podiatrist would very much disagree.  Your shoe should bend towards the ball of your foot, not the arch.  Your arch doesn't bend.  Reading the first chapter, I thought possibly my Grandmother could benefit from it, since she doesn't have the information highway at her fingertips.  The information was very basic, and frankly, put me to sleep.

HOWEVER!  Don't stop there.  Part II of the book was wonderful.  Her insight on prayer and her relationship with the Savior are amazing and inspiring, and I'm glad I continued on.  It encouraged me to grow in my faith and prayer life.

If you pick up this book: Read Part II.

I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing for this review, however it in no way affected my opinion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews